- Find Testing & Care
- Patient Support Groups
- Health Care Access & Meds
- Education, Training &
- Recommendations & Reports
- Hepatitis Related Issues
- Program Tools
- Online Info
The following proposed rule has been released for public comment by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS): Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program–Stage 2: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=CMS-2012-0022-0001.
Deadline: March 7 2012.
This proposed rule includes the Hepatitis clinical quality measure copied below.
Please review and provide comments according to the instructions – potentially including:
- Whether you support the measures
- Appropriateness of measures
- Suggestions for other relevant hepatitis measures
- Importance of retaining hepatitis quality measures in this document
In commenting, please refer to file code CMS-0044-P. You may submit comments in one of four ways (please choose only one of the ways listed):
1. You may submit electronic comments on this regulation to www.regulations.gov. Follow the “Submit a comment” instructions.
2. You may mail written comments to the following address ONLY: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Department of Health and Human Services, Attention: CMS-0044-P, P.O. Box 8013, Baltimore, MD 21244-8013. Please allow sufficient time for mailed comments to be received before the close of the comment period.
Proposed Hepatitis Measures
NQF – 0038
Title: Childhood Immunization Status
Description: Percentage of children 2 years of age who had four diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis (DTaP); three polio (IPV), one measles, mumps and rubella (MMR); two H influenza type B (HiB); three hepatitis B (HepB); one chicken pox (VZV); four pneumococcal conjugate (PCV); two hepatitis A (Hep A); two or three rotavirus (RV); and two influenza (flu) vaccines by their second birthday. The measure calculates a rate for each vaccine and nine separate combination rates.
NQF – 0399
Title: Hepatitis C: Hepatitis A Vaccination in Patients with HCV
Description: Percentage of patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of hepatitis C who have received at least one injection of hepatitis A vaccine, or who have documented immunity to hepatitis A.
NQF – 0400
Title: Hepatitis C: Hepatitis B Vaccination in Patients with HCV
Description: Percentage of patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of hepatitis C who have received at least one injection of hepatitis B vaccine, or who have documented immunity to hepatitis B.
Title: Hepatitis C: Counseling Regarding Risk of Alcohol Consumption
Description: Percentage of patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of hepatitis C who were counseled about the risks of alcohol use at least once within 12 months.