- Hep ABC Site Locator
- Patient Support Groups
- Health Care Access & Meds
- Education, Training &
- Recommendations & Reports
- Hepatitis Related Issues
- Program Tools
- Online Info
Job | Homeless Program Outreach Worker Citwide Harm Reduction (Hep C)Position Title: Outreach Worker (Full-time) Status: Exempt
The Outreach Worker’s primary focus will be to connect participants to HELP/PSI’s Health and Wellness Center – Health Care for the Homeless Program and HELP/PSI’s Health Home Program. The Outreach Worker will also connect/refer participants to CitiWide Harm Reduction programs that they are eligible for, including syringe access, Check Hep C, rapid HIV/HCV testing, peer training, housing placement, mental wellness and supportive services at the drop-in center, such as support groups and Citiwide’s food program. The Outreach Worker position reports to the Health Navigation Supervisor.
Specific Position responsibilities include:
- Manages a geographic territory and maps out Referral Channels.
- Provides outreach and account management to support Agency’s outreach goals and priorities.
- Develops and owns 20- 50 accounts and builds relationships with professional contacts as well as with clients.
- Conduct outreach activities at single residence occupancy hotels and with partner agencies) to develop long term relationships with Referrers and connect clients to care and services.
- Develops strategies to build new and existing referral relationships.
- Qualifying accounts and sizes potential opportunity.
- Prospects new accounts and develops into Referrers; achieves prospecting targets.
- Achieves admission targets set by management for specified lines of business.
- Develops annual account plans and regional marketing plan.
- Creates and delivers effective presentations as well as creates and delivers effective educational programs.
- Works with operational teams to deliver WOW! Quality service.
- Provides excellent customer services and takes initiative in solving problems and creating solutions for customer
- Tracks, monitors and creates management reports to evaluate admissions to all lines of business and trends.
- Conduct educations sessions that will include group education, one-on-one education on various topics based on need of referral sources and clients.
- Assist with client assessment and referral/linkage to FQHC Primary Care as well as referral to other needed services.
- Connect program participants to medical providers through accompaniment and/or transportation where necessary.
- Connect/refer participants to CitiWide’s program that they are eligible for, including syringe access, Check Hep C, rapid HIV/HCV testing, peer training housing placement- and supportive services in the drop in center like support groups and Citiwide’s food program.
- Intake and assessment of program participants needs in relation to coordination of care for homeless and unstably housed active substance users. .
- Provide intensive outreach, engagement in care, follow-up, retention in medical care, mental health and/or substance use treatment
- Coordination with co-located HELP/ PSI medical providers, onsite clinical pharmacy services and other Health Home partner agencies for health care, behavioral health services and pharmacy services.
- Provide advocacy for participants with providers as required.
- Facilitate access to harm reduction services and opiate-replacement therapies and track progress.
- Intra- and inter-agency referral coordination to meet program participant needs.
- Represent program and participant services needs at various community forums and planning bodies, as appropriate.
- Participate as needed in weekly Health Navigation case conference.
- 2-5 years of experience in community outreach and/or sales.
- Licensed Practical Nurse registered in New York State Preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and experience with harm reduction outreach strategies a plus.
- Experience with and knowledge of harm reduction services to high risk populations, including active drug users, the homeless and sex workers.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Personal qualities of warmth, empathy and sense of responsibility are essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Personal vehicle is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to organize, write and deliver quality presentations to suit the needs of a client.
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service.
- HIV and hepatitis C counseling and testing experience preferred, but not required.
- Commitment to advocacy and activism in the intersecting issues of homelessness, injection drug use, hepatitis C and HIV/AIDS.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and comfort level in organizing and developing including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation.
- Customer knowledge level and ability to cater products and services to needs of clients.
- Outstanding time management. Highly efficient/organized.
- Be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- To uphold and advance the values, ethics, knowledge and mission of the profession.
- To respect the privacy of clients in accordance with HIPAA and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of professional service.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all the job functions.
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Outreach Worker” in the subject line.
CitiWide Harm Reduction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer