Complementary & Alternative Medicine can be helpful when living with Hepatitis B or C, however some treatments come with risks. It is very important to consult with a liver medical specialist before taking any natural medicine, vitamin, supplement, herb, tea, or home remedy to ensure it is safe for you.
Meditation, Prayer, Music, Yoga, Tai Chi, Massage, Reiki & Moderate Exercise are safe & support liver health.
Complementary & Alternative Treatments studied in Hep B & C
- The National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Integrative Medicine
- The role of lifestyle changes in the management of chronic liver disease.
- National Acupuncture Detoxification Association
- Hepatitis C and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). HCV Advocate
- HCV & CAM: Dietary Supplements to Avoid
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine Resources
- Dietary Substances and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Herbal Dietary Supplements Glossary
- Herbs and Dietary Supplements: Making Safer and Wiser Choices
- Herbs and Hepatitis C
- Self-Help Acupressure for Hepatitis C