Finding Health Insurance
- NYC Health Insurance ACCESS Link. Helps citizens and small businesses in search of health insurance
- Community Health Advocates. NY Statewide program to help people of all ages find insurance and resolve insurance issues with help available in multiple languages from community partners (888) 614-5400
- Office of Citywide Health Insurance Access. Provides info on health care access for all types of people
- List of Facilitated Enrollers – in multiple languages (2012)
- Health Information Tool for Empowerment (HITE). Online health insurance access resource
- Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP) (800) 701-0501
- Public Benefits Resources Center: Tools for accessing all public benefits
- Benefits Checkup. New York Counsel on Aging
- Medicare Rights Center is a national, nonprofit consumer service organization that works to ensure access to affordable health care for older adults and people with disabilities through counseling and advocacy, educational programs and public policy initiatives.
- NYC Managed Care Consumer Assistance Program (NYC MCCAP). Provides trainings and patient assistance
Special Programs & Exceptions
- Medicaid Buy in Program for Working People with Disabilities. Single person can make up to approximately 56,000 a year and still maintain Medicaid.
- Medicaid Excess Income (“Spenddown” or “Surplus Income”) Program .