Finding Health Insurance
- NYC Health Insurance ACCESS Link. Helps citizens and small businesses in search of health insurance
- NYS Health Insurance Marketplace: Compare health insurance plans available through the NYS Marketplace and enroll online in one that’s right for you.
- Community Health Advocates. NY Statewide program to help people of all ages find insurance and resolve insurance issues with help available in multiple languages from community partners (888) 614-5400
- Health Information Tool for Empowerment (HITE). Online health insurance access resource
- Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP) (800) 701-0501
- Public Benefits Resources Center: Tools for accessing all public benefits
- Benefits Checkup. New York Counsel on Aging
- Medicare Rights Center is a national, nonprofit consumer service organization that works to ensure access to affordable health care for older adults and people with disabilities through counseling and advocacy, educational programs and public policy initiatives.
- NYC Managed Care Consumer Assistance Program (NYC MCCAP). Provides trainings and patient assistance
- Healthcare.gov: Getting Coverage Outside the Marketplace Plan Finder.
Special Programs & Exceptions
- Medicaid Buy in Program for Working People with Disabilities. Single person can make up to approximately 56,000 a year and still maintain Medicaid.
- Medicaid Excess Income (“Spenddown” or “Surplus Income”) Program .
- Emergency Medicaid for undocumented immigrants.
Health Insurance Enrollment Programs with Navigators
|Organization with In-Person Health Insurance Navigators||Bronx||Brooklyn||Manhattan||Queens||Staten Island|
|American Indian Community Housewww.aich.org||x||x||x||x||x|
|Bronx Lebanon Hospital Centerwww.bronx-leb.org||x|
|Coalition for Asian American Children and Familieswww.cacf.org||x||x||x||x|
|Community Service Society of New Yorkwww.cssny.org||x||x||x||x||x|
|Metropolitan Council on Jewish Povertywww.metcouncil.org||x|
|Morris Heights Health Center Incwww.mhhc.org||x||x|
|Public Health Solutionswww.healthsolutions.org||x||x||x||x||x|
|Single Stop USAwww.singlestopusa.org||x||x||x|
|Structured Employment Economic Development Corpwww.seedco.org||x||x||x||x||x|
|Westchester County Department of Healthwww.health.westchestergov.com||x|
|Brooklyn Perinatal Network Incwww.bpnetwork.org||x|
|Addabbo Family Health Centerwww.addabbo.org||x||x|
|Yeled V’Yalda Early Childhood Centerwww.yeled.org||x||x|
|APICHA Community Health Centerwww.apicha.org||x|
|Lesbian & Gay Community Services Centerwww.gaycenter.org||x|
|Safe Space NYC Incwww.safespacenyc.org||x|
|Community Health Center of Richmondwww.chcrichmond.org||x|
|Jewish Community Center of Staten Islandwww.sijcc.org||x|