Assistance with Medication Cost
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance Programs. Brings together America’s pharmaceutical companies, doctors, other health care providers, patient advocacy organizations and community groups to help qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage get free or low-cost medicines through the public or private program that’s right for them.
- Patient Access Network (PAN) is an independent non-profit organization that provides assistance to under-insured patients for their out-of-pocket expenses for life-saving medications. Has Hep B & Hep C assistance!
- NeedyMeds non-profit information resource devoted to helping people in need find assistance programs to help them afford their medications and costs related to health care.
- NYCRx is a non-profit organization working to increase access to affordable medications for medically underserved communities. Free Discount Prescription Card and list of partnering health centers with drug discount programs for their patients.
- Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs: Hepatitis B. HBV Advocate.
- Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs: Hepatitis C. HCV Advocate.
- Chronic Disease Fund is a non-profit charitable organization that helps people with chronic disease, cancer and other life-altering conditions obtain the life-savings medications they need. Disease states may open and close throughout the year as funds are diminished or become available.
- Together Rx Access assists eligible patients with obtaining discounted prescriptions. Only hepatitis medication covered is Epiviv HBV (lamivudina).
- RxAssist offers a comprehensive database of patient assistance programs, as well as news and practical tools.
Resources for helping with Prior Authorization
- CoverMyMeds helps physicians and pharmacists complete Prior Authorization and other insurance coverage determination forms for any drug and almost all drug plans.
New York State Medicaid Managed Care and Family Health Plus Pharmacy Benefit Information Website. This website is designed to provide easy access for members and providers looking for information on the drugs and supplies covered by different Medicaid and Family Health Plus health care plans.