New York City
- EpiQuery: NYC Interactive Health Data. EpiQuery is a web-based, user-friendly system designed to provide users with health data on varying topics and indicators for different NYC populations. The system runs real-time analyses for users at the click of the mouse. EpiQuery offers prevalence estimates with confidence intervals, rates over time, bar charts and neighborhood maps, and much more.
- Hepatitis A, B & C Surveillance Reports. NYC DOHMH.
- Chronic Hepatitis C Surveillance Data 2010-2011. NYC DOHMH.
- Geographic Co-occurrence of HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Tuberculosis in New York City. NYC Department of Health | PCSI.
- Estimating the prevalence of hepatitis C infection in New York City using surveillance data. Epidemiology and Infection, 2013.
- Enhanced Chronic Hep C Surveillance in New York City. 2013.
- Estimating the prevalence of chronic hepatitis B virus infection–New York City, 2008. NYC DOHMH.
- Hepatitis Outreach Network: A practical strategy for hepatitis screening with linkage to care in foreign-born communities. J Hepatol. 2013.
- Half a diagnosis: gap in confirming infection among hepatitis C antibody-positive patients. NYC DOHMH 2013.
- City Health Information: Diagnosing and Managing Hepatitis C
- City Health Information: Preventing and Managing Hepatitis B
New York State
- New York State Department of HealthViral Hepatitis Strategic Plan (2010 – 2015)(PDF)
- Estimating HCV Prevalence at the State Level: A Call to Increase and Strengthen Current Surveillance Systems. American Journal of Public Health, 2013.
- The HHS Action Plan for the Prevention, Care and Treatment of Viral Hepatitis
- Evaluation and Treatment of Hepatitis C and Cirrhosis Federal Bureau of Prisons Clinical Practice Guidelines. Federal Bureau of Prisons, 2012.
- Institute of Medicine Report: Prevention and Control of Viral Hepatitis Infections in the United States (2008)
- Infectious Disease Screening for Refugees Resettled in the US, 2004. Hepatitis B and Africans are on page 3.
- Prevalence of Chronic Hepatitis B Among Foreign-Born Persons Living in the United States by Country of Origin. Hepatology, 2012.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Summary and Resources: CDC Recommendations For Testing and Management of Chronic Hepatitis B
- Mandates For Screening and Vaccination by State
- 2008 New York NCHHSTP State Profile
- Population-based Surveillance for Hepatitis C Virus, United States, 2006 2007)
- Surveillance for Acute Viral Hepatitis — United States, 2007 MMWR 2009;58(SS-3)
- Recommendations for Prevention and Control of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infection and HCV-Related Chronic Disease MMWR 1998;47(RR-19)
- Prevention and Control of Infections with Hepatitis Viruses in Correctional Settings MMWR 2003;52(RR-1)
- Immunization of Health-Care Workers: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC) MMWR 1997:46(RR-18)
- Public Health Service Inter-Agency Guidelines for Screening Donors of Blood, Plasma, Organs, Tissues, and Semen for Evidence MMWR 1991;40(RR-4)
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) strongly recommends screening for hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in pregnant women at their first prenatal visit. Grade: A Recommendation.
- The USPSTF recommends against routinely screening the general asymptomatic population for chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Grade: D Recommendation.